BAD NEWS
Several weeks ago my wife Toisie had a stroke and of course was immediately taken to and admitted to the hospital. During a series of tests (3mri's-2cat scans-much blood work-echocardagram- and other tests) to determine why she had a stroke, they discovered a spot on her lungs. A biopsy proved it was lung cancer. It was a very small spot and a kind that's not very aggressive,
according to the doctors. On Friday the 6th of April, she underwent a full body scan to see if it has spread. We will find out the results of this scan on Thursday (12th) at the doctors office.
You know of course that, "when it rains it pours". In keeping with little bit of Murphyism, I managed to do some terrible thing to my knee. While trying to lift the back of Toisie's wheelchair over a paving stone at the bottom of our wheelchair ramp I twisted my knee BAD. Now I can barely walk and then with much pain. So Thursday when the doctor see's Toisie, he will see me also. At that time we will know what the next step will have to be. Her stroke left her unable to stand without support. She can however walk with the aid of her walker. My "son" Hershel W4TMN has been a god send in helping us, as has Tina Hicks who cleans the house every other week. She will come anytime any day if I need help. Many others have helped us in many ways, the Knights of Columbus and others from St.Olaf Catholic Church in Norge, Va.. Another ham radio friend K4GAM George Marsh and his wife Jackie came out to the house and cooked us a very nice meal from scratch, brought everything with them even plates and utensils! (she even did the dishes after dinner!). We are seriously considering moving to an "Assisted Living Facility" probably in Pennsylvania. My sister lives in Selinsgrove , Pa. And Toisie's nephew lives outside Harrisburg. More on this later. Please pray for Toisie.
73 & 88 for now.
The Geezer

2 Comments:
I am praying for you both.I have grown fond of you and Toisee and I am here for the both of you when you need me.I am always a phone call away!
Thanks for the kind words, Dad. Of course, I am here if you need me. Don't be afraid to ask.
Hershel
W4TMN
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home